Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Birdcage Birthday Cake

This cake was so fun to make.  I know.  I say that with most cakes, but this was really such a fun idea.  The roses were my favorite part!  This was the 3rd birthday cake I've made for this pretty young lady and this year we did it gluten free.  My kids all claim that they like the gluten free cake better than 'regular' cake, and so does this birthday girl.  It's so rewarding to be able to not only make something pretty, but to make something that people with special diet needs can eat!
 Don't you LOVE the scrolling on the cage?!  It took forever but I loved how it looked when it was done!
 Tiny white bird and rose.
 This gorgeous cake stand was made with a scrolled plate that my sweet friend gave to me and a candle stick glass that I found at a random craft store.
 Cute little flowers, and see....the stand even has a handle.  Totally unique!
 Sorry, but for some reason I just can't get over the flowers.  They were so much fun to make!


Happy Birthday Brynlee girl!  We sure love you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment